Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What's On Your Nightstand - May

What's On Your Nightstand

My June nightstand:

From my April post I read:
Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski (review)
To Love and Be Wise by Josephine Tey (review)
Life Artist by Ali Edwards (review)
Personality Plus for Parents: Understanding What Makes Your Child Tick by Florence Littauer (review)
Uncovering the Logic of English by Denise Eide (review)

I also read:
Scout: The Flying Phantom by Piet Prins (review)
Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog by Jerome K. Jerome

I listened to:
Mrs. Pollifax and the Lion Killer by Dorothy Gilman (review)

I am currently reading:
The Adventures and the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Secrets of the Woods by William J. Long

I have to admit this wasn't one of my best months when it came to reading, but last month was extremely busy so I'm happy with what I did get read!
See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.

7 comments:

  1. I am coveting your homeschool-ish books (Uncovering the Logic of English, The Write Start). I love that sort of thing, but my library doesn't exactly stock those--and, as a single woman without kids, I can't really justify purchasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mrs. Pollifax!

    The Write Start sounds interesting.

    I'd say you did pretty well, all things considered! Here's to another month of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,

    Your nightstand must be groaning under the weight of all those great finds.

    I particularly like the sound of 'The Singing Sands' and 'Heart Of Glass', so I have listed those two for my reading.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED "A Praying Life!" Have you read his "Love Walked Among Us"? Also excellent! I also got to hear him speak in Morocco of all places!

    And it looks like a good month to me! You must have very high standards ;)

    Elizabeth
    5 Minutes for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Praying Life is an excellent book, one I want to reread! I will be checking out The Write Start! Enjoy your reading.

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/2012/05/whats-on-your-nightstand-for-may-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great month to me! :)

    I'll be watching for your thoughts on "The Write Start". I'm very curious about it!

    I've been reading a bit of Sherlock Holmes lately, too. I think watching the Masterpiece shows made me curious enough to finally give him a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Pollifax has started to return to my life in the strangest ways. I think this means I need to read through those books again. Which is great because I loved them SO much when I was younger.

    I don't remember MUCH about Strawberry Girl, except that I liked it a lot.

    Sounds like you have a great list going on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails