Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Top Reads of 2010

 Here is list of favorite books or authors that I really enjoyed this year.

1. The Dale Series by Gervais Phinn - read my thoughts here.
2. A Long Way From Chicago (Puffin Modern Classics), A Year Down Yonder  and A Season of Gifts by Richard Peck - You don't want to miss meeting Grandma Dowdel in Richard Pecks funny and heartwarming stories.
3. The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James - read my thoughts here.
4. No Less Than Victory: A Novel of World War II by Jeff Shaara (review)
5. Beautiful in God's Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman by Elizabeth George (review)
6. A Mom After God's Own Heart: 10 Ways to Love Your Children  by Elizabeth George
7. Ivanhoe (Penguin Classics) by Sir Walter Scott - A book I've always wanted to read, actually I listened to.  I have to admit that for a small portion of it I had my doubts about it being such a great read, but ----that soon passed and became extremely excitingg. Be warned--the guy don't get the girl, but that can be rectified if you read Knight's Castle by Edward Eager.
8. Anything by Mary Connealy - I love her sense of humor. (The Husband Tree, Wildflower Bride & Doctor in Petticoats)
9. Half Magic by Edward Eager - A favorite of mine and the kids, read more here.
10. When Children Love to Learn: A Practical Application of Charlotte Mason's Philosophy for Today edited by Elaine Cooper - This was my second time to read through this insightful book and it was very informative book on using Charlotte Mason's methods in schooling today.

2 comments:

  1. I do not think I have read any of your books but now want to esp. the last one listed.

    Have a great 2011,
    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE RIchard Peck! Isn't he the funniest (and most heartwarming!) author ever, especially in the Chicago books?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails