Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Back to Our Normal Routine

Funny Girl

  • In my life this week…Everything was back to normal, including my husband's extra long hours at work!


  • On Monday I skipped out on baseball practice so I could stay home and do some much needed housework, but alas my allergies acted up so I wasn't up to anything! I was quite annoyed.

    Tuesday was my day to head to work. The girls came along with to pick out books at the library and then they got picked up by Daddy. They had to head home and get ready to head out to a possible church building that our church is considering renting.

    Wednesday went well, but my husband didn't get home until 6:30 pm. This makes for an incredibly short evening.

    Thursday afternoon we headed to the eye doctor for 4 eye appointments. Three hours later we finally left. Somehow I ended up as the last appointment, which didn't make it easy to drive home with dilated eyes! Chantry's glasses broke last week and he isn't eligible to new frames until August 1. His old glasses have a different prescription than his broken pair and the eye doctor says he need to have the current prescription. This week I have to go on a hunt to find a great price on a pair of glasses for him.

    Friday was the boys' baseball game.

  • In our homeschool this week…This week started off with a strong talk from dad about the importance of being responsible for completing their week. I saw some improvement.


  • Caleb is plugging along. He just finished listening to The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander for a free read.

    Destini and Chantry finished reading Marco Polo by Manuel Komroff for geography. We also finished Scout: The Flying Phantom by Pier Prins as a read aloud. We are getting close to completing our school year and that is exciting.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…The eye doctor, baseball and Destini had a evening out with friends to celebrate a birthday.


  • My favorite thing this week was…Shade is the coach for Chantry's baseball team. During one of the fielding plays he had called out to hold the ball. Chantry proceeded to throw the ball which resulted in the other team getting an extra base. A couple of plays later he called hold the ball and of course Chantry had the ball again. He was standing there holding the ball and looking like he was going to throw it again and about that time Shade hollers, "Chantry, don't you dare throw that ball!" Needless to say, I bust out laughing along with a few other parents. I told the lady next to me, "The coach just became the parent."


  • What’s working/not working for us…Cursive writing for Chantry. I realized this week he needs to take some time off and I'm going to spend some time working on some fine-motor exercises.


  • Questions/thoughts I have…Which language Arts would be good for an upcoming 4th grader?


  • Things I’m working on…Researching different curriculum for next school year. We have a local used curriculum sale and a Homeschool Convention coming next month, so I'm trying to prepare a list of what I want to purchase and what I want to look at.


  • I’m reading…



  • I’m grateful for…The flexibility to stop and work on something that my child
    needs extra help in.


  • I’m praying for…My unborn niece.


  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


  • A candy bar cake I made for a good friend of our family.
    IMG_7664

    I'm linking up:

    iHomeschoolNetwork

    3 comments:

    1. Sounds like a lot of great books were read! Enjoyed reading about your homeschooling this week. I like the flexibility that homeschooling offers as well. The candy bar cake is beautiful! Such a clever idea.

      ReplyDelete
    2. A talk from dad can be just thing to get things on track. Sounds like you had a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Candy bar cake?! Hmmmm...I suppose making one for MYSELF (and I'm on a "get healthy" diet) isn't going to work, huh? LOL

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails