Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Happy 17th Birthday, Caleb!


First off I want to wish my son a Happy 17th Birthday! It is hard to believe that time has flown so fast, but we are so very proud of the fine young man that he is becoming!


1. Birthday Celebration 2. Art Festival 3. Caleb's drawing
4. Birthday dinner at Famous Dave's 5. Gift made 6. Ouch! My poor sewing scissors.
 
In my life this week…
It was a busy week. My main focus was to get some more sewing done before my parents arrive next week.

In our homeschool this week…
The kids were excited to finish up this week, since next week they start their Christmas break. Destini and Chantry finished up Robinson Crusoe for their Literature read. They were really excited about this!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Caleb finished up his art project (3) that he did for his MSOA-Salem class. He was in Drawing 101. On Monday evening they had their Winter Festival (2) where all the students' art work is put on display. Caleb's birthday fell on Friday so in the afternoon we headed up to Portland to Famous Dave's (4) for his Birthday dinner and then home to celebrate by opening presents and eating homemade birthday cake (1).

My favorite thing this week was…
Sewing! I had a lot of fun decorating towels and making some hot pads (5) for Destini's piano teacher. I also completed two other gift, but I can't show them since they are gifts. The sad thing was a put a big nick in my good sewing scissors (6), which to get fixed require being sent in to the Gingher Company! The bad thing is I have another pair that need to be sent in. I went and purchased another pair, but I'm hesitant to open them and might try to see if I can get by till the new year and then send my two nicked pairs in to be fixed.

Things I’m working on…
I did a review for TOS SchoolTeachers.com. Check it out here.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
I made some pumpkin bars for Caleb's art get together and I also made his birthday cake. When it came to making dinner I was a complete failure. I ran out of ground beef which messed up my ideas I had and left digging through the freezer for something else.

I’m grateful for…
My son--Caleb.

I’m praying for…

My heart is heavy for all horrible and unnecessary shootings we have seen this week. The first shooting was in a place I have walked through many times. My prayers are for the families of all the victims.
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
A new Scout book!
I'm linking up:
Homegrown Learners

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked with Collage Friday -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sure hope Caleb had a fun birthday! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails