It has been a while since I have posted a HSMJ. We had a good Christmas break. I always like to take a week and sew to my heart's content, but due to an abnormal medical test I had to spend my time getting some other tests done, getting ready for my parent's visit, and generally being distracted my everything. Our co-op started the first week of January, but my parents arrived January 6 so we didn't start our own school work. This week was our first week that we were back to doing our full school schedule. Here's just a small glimpse of what has happened around our home and school lately.
- Christmas (in January) with Grandma & Grandpa.
- Caleb got a new iPhone and I had to laugh because his sister was setting it up for him.
- I think that has to be my favorite gift Delani received for Christmas. The hat is hysterical!
- Chantry and Destini are doing a politics class in co-op and we have watched every debate so far. I didn't realize how much had sunk in until Delani excitedly brought us this magazine in Costco. She was so excited to recognize certain faces on it.
- Delani working on her addition skills. She writes them out and then makes her big sister do them.
- We have been working through IEW Primary Arts of Language and Delani finally made it to the first reader. I have to admit I find teaching reading so frustrating, but I'm trying to have faith and keep pressing on.
- While it was snowing like crazy everywhere yesterday, we enjoyed a balmy 57* outside. It felt amazing!