Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday with Words (The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth)

http://www.ordo-amoris.com/search/label/Wednesdays%20With%20Words
 
 

I just started The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential today and came across this quote that John Maxwell included from an article that Jennifer Reed wrote for SUCCESS.
Can there be a more insidious word? Later, as in "I'll do it later." Or, "Later, I'll have time to write that book that's been on my mind for the past five years." Or, "I know I need to straighten out my finances...I'll do it later."
"Later" is one of those dream-killers, one of the countless obstacles we put up to derail our chances of success. The diet that starts "tomorrow," the job hunt that happens "eventually," the pursuit of the life dream that begins "someday" combine with other self-imposed roadblocks and lock us on autopilot.
Why do we do this to ourselves, anyway? Why don't we take action now? Let's fact it: The familiar is easy; the uncharted path is lined with uncertainties.

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of uncertainties I'll face if I go clean my garage instead of waiting for later? All fun aside, "later" is a word that needs to be taken out of my vocabulary especially when it comes to my kids. "Later" comes all too soon and all I have to show for it is older children.

This also reminds me of this quote by Thomas Jefferson, "Never put off tomorrow what you can do today."

1 comment:

  1. This is convicting for me because and also difficult for mothers in general I would guess.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails