I just watched for review a very important DVD called Understanding Child Brain Development from The Family Hope Center. The Family Hope Center is an international center that helps children with special needs and delays in development that cover a broad range from Autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, learning difficulties and more.
The Understanding Child Brain Development DVD is a recording of a seminar hosted by Andrew Pudewa. Mark Newell and his wife, Carol, both child brain development specialists and who are the directors of The Family Hope Center share information on child brain development and how to help children gain their fullest potential.
Part of the Integrative and Developmental Progression Chart
In this DVD you come to understand the importance of the brain and how if not developed correctly it can cause special needs in children. Throughout the DVD a unique Integrative and Developmental Progression chart is shown which shows each level of the brain, when it develops, and how a child should be responding during that developmental period.
- The DVD covers these topics:
- Child Brain Development
- Why Do Brain Dysfunctions Still Exist?
- The Family Hope Center
- The Magnificent Brain
- The Sense of Smell
- The Sense of Smell in Newborns
- The Pons
- The Mid-Brain
- The Cortex
- Diagnosis/Treatment at The Family Hope Center
- Physiology vs. Pathology
- Integrated Therapy
- Water and its Effect on the Human Body
Now, I will be honest and say this DVD promotes The Family Hope Center and the treatment it offers. Their treatment starts with a diagnosis of the root cause of the problem rather than just trying to treat the symptoms. They show parents how they can be the solution to the problem and help their child to get on the right path of healing. They also promote families working together since they make the best support team.
Even with this information included I wouldn't let that put you off from watching this DVD. In this seminar, Mark Newell includes a lot of information that is very helpful and gives some tips that you can start to implement right away.
Here are few things I found interesting:
- The importance of a child spending time laying on their tummy.
- The importance of creeping and crawling.
- The importance of a newborn baby smelling mommy and daddy in the first few days of birth.
- A mild injury is as profound as a major injury.
They also discuss some things you can implement right away in your home to help your child's brain:
- Good water.
- Nutritious food--good wholesome home cooked meals vs. using convenience foods
- Eliminating EMFs--TV, video games, microwaves, etc.--go outside and play. Movement and sunshine are important.
- A regular schedule--Having the same bedtime and waking up time.
Though I have never used the services of The Family Hope Center I can testify to how therapy can help children and their brain. I have had two of my children have struggle with learning and one went through vision therapy and the other through a cognitive therapy which has helped them greatly.
I encourage you to head over to The Family Hope Center and check out more of their information. They have more informative videos, an e-book available for download, and so much more.
Understanding Child Brain Development is available for $19.00. To order the DVD, please call 610-397-1737 or you can also order Understanding Child Brain Development from IEW.