Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - October 29 - November 2, 2012

1. Delani's read aloud time with Mom. 2. Picture Study 3. Christmas music
4. Fabric for Destini's quilt 5. Celebrating Sarah's birthday
6. Bible time 7. Read aloud 8. Caleb bowling

In my life this week…
Ants, ants, ants! I fought ants in my bedroom all week and they decided they were going to crawl around my bed. The exterminator couldn't come until Friday and that meant leaving the house for a couple of hours.

The kids were excited when November 1st arrived. That meant they could get the Christmas music out, so every since we have been hearing the sounds of Christmas. (3)

We also had very mild weather this week. In fact, I didn't turn the heat on all week! Yes, we have had quite a bit of rain, but it the temperature has been very pleasant.

In our homeschool this week…
We finished up our 9th week of school. Everything is plugging along pretty well. The kids are memorizing James 1:1-12. Our Bible Time is more hit than miss so I'm happy with that (6)

Chantry did a review in cursive and he is doing such a great job. At the end of last school year we worked on some fine motor skills with him and then summer came and I didn't continue any of the activities. Since we started cursive this year he has taken to it like a duck to water. Now I wonder if he just need a little time. Oh well, it is something that I probably won't ever know.

Destini will be working on a quilt for a competition in May and I happened to walk into Craft Warehouse the other night and they had all of their fabric 50% off. Needless to say I headed home and took her back with me and we picked out the fabric. (4)

I also finished Chantry and Destini's read aloud, Swallowdale by Arthur Ransome (7). They really enjoyed it and can't wait to get to the next in the series. Read my review here.

Caleb is slowly chugging away at his work. He is behind and I can't tell how much is playing when he should be working or if his work load is too much. I worked really hard not to make his school work too overwhelming for him, so I guess we are going to have to work on some time management skills or maybe just sitting next to mom during the day will solve the problem.

For Delani I'm trying to focus on reading picture books to everyday (1). She really loves this and if I forget she reminds me late at night when she is supposed to be going to bed. She also decided this week that she wanted to do picture study (2) with everyone. We are studying Norman Rockwell's Triple Self-Portrait and she did really well picking out different things.

Click to view full-sized image

I am inspired by…
Well, after fighting ants all week and my room being rearranged into piles I'm more uninspired than inspired!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Destini had piano lessons. On Friday Caleb and Destini went with their friends, Hannah and Sarah, to celebrate Sarah's birthday for the afternoon. The went bowling (8) and then out for pizza (5). I had taken Chantry and Delani down to the gym for them to play a little bit and then we met up with them at the pizza place. Chantry got to play mini-golf with them and then we headed home while the older kids shopped and went out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery.

My favorite thing this week was…
The exterminator arriving at our house.

What’s not working for us…
Phonics! Have I ever mentioned that I hate phonics!!!!! (and so does my son!)

Things I’m working on…
Getting my bedroom back in order.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
More pumpkin bread, Stroganoff Chicken and Rice, Potato Soup, Hamburgers (we used up the last of our hamburgers since we were having such beautiful mild non-rainy weather.)

I’m grateful for…
The owner of our house who pays for the exterminator to come to our house at anytime.

I’m praying for…
Our country and the election.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

I am linking up:
Homegrown Learners

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the ants. :-(

    Thanks for linking with Collage Friday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails