Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page

•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Money in the Bank (Collector's Wodehouse) by P.G. Wodehouse
When he finished his narrative, Dolly's eyes were shining like stars, and Mr Molloy's breathing had become so stertorous that he resembled a Senator suffering from a troublesome attack of asthma. The news that they were residing in a sort of Tom Tiddler's Ground or Cave of Ali Baba, where parcels of valuable diamonds might leap to the eye at any moment, had affected both of them profoundly. p. 112

21 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser. I've never heard of this book before. Sounds like a good read.

    Thanks for stopping by
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read.
    Your children have fabulous names by the way!
    Here's my teaser: I love Dan Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser, the book sounds very interesting. Thank you for stopping my teaser this week. :)

    Katie @ Turner's Antics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teaser makes me want to read this one. Thanks!

    Here's
    MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some overwhelming emotions going on there! Thanks for stopping by Alli's World at mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! That book has such a cute cover and nice teaser! :)
    Thanks for stopping by our TT post earlier.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, now I want to hear the narrative that affected them so much :) Thanks for sharing the teaser and for stopping by BSB today! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of this author, but I've never read this book. Enjoyed your teaser.
    My Teaser is from SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so typical of Wodehouse. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An interesting teaser--I have got to read something by Wodehouse one of these days... My teaser: Haven by Kay Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh . . . diamonds are more stimulating than the kiss portrayed on the cover. I thought the teaser was about the kiss. good one. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this author before. I will have to look into it. Different then what I would normally read but maybe I would enjoy it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, returning some of the love <3.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser, this is a new one for me! It's a tongue twister, too...I just tried reading it aloud and failed quite a bit. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun story! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser!
    Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting teaser! I never heard of this before so thank you for sharing. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Mr Molloy's breathing had become so stertorous that he resembled a Senator suffering from a troublesome attack of asthma." bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe, great teaser! I have yet to read any of Wodehouse's works--maybe next year =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails