Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Reading Journal #22: Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar & More



Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar

My thoughts:
In this book we are introduced to Sarah, cousin of Nehemiah, who becomes a scribe to the Queen of Persia. After discovering a plot against the Queen she is rewarded with a marriage to a Persian noble, Darius. This leads to a mortifying incident on her wedding day that starts her marriage off on the wrong foot. Darius leaves her at his estate and while there alone Sarah slowly learns to trust in God and makes a few new friends. When she discovers that the steward is embezzling money from her husband this brings a new truce to her marriage and she falls in love with her husband. Filled with suspense and mystery I found Harvest of Rubies hard to put down!

Biblical fiction is something that I am a little leery to read, but outside of Nehemiah showing up a few times in the story this really was just pure historical fiction. I was also disappointed in the ending of the book, but then after turning a few pages was relieved to see that there will be a sequel. (That is a good thing since the author really leaves a major part of Darius and Sarah's story unresolved.) Highly recommended!

Check out my teaser.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



A Fire Within (These Highland Hills, Book 3) by Kathleen Morgan

My thoughts:
This was the final book in These Highland Hills Series. This book focuses on Caitlin Campbell, the younger sister of Niall Campbell, who is kidnapped by Darach MacNaghten. Darach, whose clan has been outlawed, idea's of rescuing his clan results in his kidnapping Caitlin. This doesn't quite bring the results that he desires. Filled with a lot of tension and unexpected twists and turns, A Fire Within was a nice conclusion to this series.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



Winning the Widow's Heart by Sherri Shackelford

My thoughts:
Texas Ranger is following the trail of an outlaw only to discover a young widow, who just went into labor, pointing a gun at him! After the arrival of the baby, he heads out again looking for the outlaw only to find the trail cold. For some unexplained reason he is drawn back to the widow's house only to discover that his answers are closer than he thinks.

Even though I do read Christian romance, I don't typically pick up these Love Inspired novels. I saw it when I was shelving books at the bookstore where I work and since I was low on reading I brought it home.This was a fun, though fluffy read and there were quite a few funny lines which I especially got a kick out of. The author's writing style reminded me a little of Mary Connealy's books.

Check out my teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails