Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - October 17-21, 2011


In my life this week…
I finally got around to getting some housework done. I put a nice dent in my ironing pile and the bathrooms are all sparkly! Other than that life was very normal, which is a good thing.

In our homeschool this week…
We are have finished Week 7 of our first term and we are real close to being on track.

Caleb finished up his poetry recitation "If" by Rudyard Kipling and performed it in church. He is going to work on "Attitude" by Charles Swindoll for his next recitation.

Chantry is doing working on Level 2 of First Language Lessons and he performed "The Goops" by Gelett Burgess.

Destini is working on "The Lamb" by William Blake. Since she got a late start she is still learning it.

You can also read about our Composer Study here.

I am inspired by…
One Thousand Gift by Ann Voskamp.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We were able to go on our nature walk--yeah! We went to a nature park I have never been to, but we actually were able to see some nature--including a snake!

My favorite thing this week was…
We finally were able to finish our Shakespeare play, Much Ado About Nothing, that we started ages ago. Next on the list is Twelfth Night and Destini gets to join along this time.

Things I’m working on…
I'm still working on planning out Caleb's Biology class together. I need to get it finished this weekend because we need to get going in it.
I’m reading…


I’m grateful for…
The fun times I have had reading aloud to my kids.

I’m praying for…
Delani--she will be going in next week to get the cavities in her teeth filled. Since she is being put asleep for the procedure, I am praying all goes well.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This snake was crossing the path we were walking on
while taking our nature walk.


The Homeschool Mother's Journal 




See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails