Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

What's On Your Nightstand - November

What's On Your Nightstand

One more month and it will be time to say good bye to 2016 and my weird year of reading. I didn't set any goals and honestly I feel quite unaccomplished. For December, I am keeping it small since it is December and it fills up a lot quicker with activities than I like. I'm sure I'll get more read but I will also be spending time getting some goals down for 2017.

For December:

From October's Nightstand I read:
  • Applesauce Needs Sugar by Victoria Case - This was a fun memoir that was a little reminiscent of Cheaper by the Dozen except during a different period of time and Mama is a force to be reckoned with.
  • Christians and Strongholds by Kim Haney - The importance of not letting bitterness take root in you life.

I forgot to read:
  • Vilette - Charlotte Bronte - Whoops! I totally forgot this was on my list this month which is too bad since it probably is better than what I read.

I also read:
  • Miss Dimple Disappears by Mignon F. Ballard - A cozy, fluffy mystery. I will be checking out more in the series.
  • The Grantchester Mysteries by James Runcie:
  • Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkill - A few months ago I listened to the first book this series, High Rising which I found an enjoyable fluffy read. This book was only an okay story. The copy I had from the library had tons of layout and spelling errors in it. I honestly don't think anyone proof-read it. Oh well. This is a story that could be forgotten and life would easily go on, but if you want to look at a beautiful cover just gaze at this.

I listened to:
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I was listening (a re-read) to this and following along with the Close Reads podcast put out by Circe Institute. They haven't finished the book yet, but I finally couldn't wait and just finished the book. On a side note: I wasn't a fan of the narrator Rosamond Pike, though I couldn't tell you why. I'm sure I have listened to this on audio before with a different narrator, but it must have been recorded in my records that were lost. Oh well!
See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished Secrets of a Charmed Life not long ago. Thought it was a great story! I had not heard of Vilette - will have to keep my eyes open for that one. Applesauce Needs Sugar sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christians and Strongholds sound like an important work! We all need help in letting go of grievances so that bitterness won’t grow. I haven’t read Pride and Prejudice in awhile, but I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applesauce needs sugar, sounds like a winner! I love mom-wisdom books~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails