Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

R is for Reading: What's On Your Nightstand - August (ABC Blogging)

Ben and Me 
What's On Your Nightstand

Due to my family vacation I am woefully behind in getting my Nightstand post up. Since I am on the letter "R" for ABC Blogging I am going to kill two birds with one stone and combine these posts together.

My September list is a little on the light side, but since we will be starting school and figure out the curriculum that I will be teaching for my kids' co-op, I would rather pick less than more. I am hoping to get more read than I have picked. We'll see!

For September:
  
 

From my July Nightstand, I read:
I didn't get to:
  • How Sweet It Is by Alice J. Wisler - I didn't read this since I picked up Two Mrs. Abbotts (see below) instead.
I also read:
  • The Baron's Honourable Daughter by Lynn Morris - I loved the Cheney Duvall Series written by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris, but I can't recommend this book at all. Too much detail was included which I found annoying. Give me Georgette Heyer any day.
  • Two Mrs. Abbotts (Miss Buncle Book 3) by D. E. Stevenson - I can't put my finger on why I like these books, but I do. They are just enjoyable reads.   
 I listened to:
  • Mrs.McGinty's Dead by Agatha Christie - Still working my way through Poirot mysteries.
  • Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas - Sequel to The Three Musketeers. Once I got through the beginning of the story which seemed to make no sense whatsoever, I really enjoyed the story. It is full of adventure and mystery. I did feel like I needed to find a good book of French History to put everything into place. Maybe if I listened to the beginning again it would help fill in the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails