Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page

•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
As Mother smooths my hair and Big Joe offers her yet another foxglove, all I can thing is that I have caused this.

I have killed my own father.
p. 17

17 comments:

  1. Is this one a YA? The teaser sounds like a YA.

    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep! That's sad. :( Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, quite a startling beginning. I hope you enjoy(ed) it. Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I'm sure there's more to this. Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang! That is dramatic, poor thing. Great teaser! Mine is here:
    http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/teaser-tuesdays-july-17th/

    ReplyDelete
  6. on no, guilt... not good! Great teaser and thanks for stopping by my tt this week :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Intriguing teaser, thanks for sharing =)

    Here's my teaser(s) for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, how do you bounce back from that :( Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no! That's not a good thing for a kid! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my TT

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Foxglove killer her father? :) Interesting teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is.. omg, do I really want to know what happened? Awesome teaser! Thanks for stepping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Beth,

    Michael Morpurgo has a huge following here in the UK, amongst both adults and children.

    I haven't read any of his stuff myself, but I can't think why, as I follow the charity work which he does for disadvantaged children quite avidly.

    This book sounds so intriguing and after I sneaked a peek at the full synopsis, very emotional I should think.

    Definitely one for my reading list, so thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. After looking at the cover and the title I wasn't prepared so the sad,mysterious teaser.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, sad teaser! I have a feeling there's more to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds very sad and intriguing at the same time. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails