Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - December 19-23, 2011

Enjoying a Wendy's Frosty!
In my life this week…
Being that Christmas was this week I was extremely busy getting those last minute gifts taken care of, getting all of my baking done and finding some extra time to read and do crafts!

In our homeschool this week…
We took the week off, though I am reading ahead in The Children of the New Forest to Destini and Chantry to help get the book finished by the end of Term 2.

Destini and Caleb had a few thing unfinished from last week so it took quite a bit of nagging encouragement to get them to finish!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
On Monday I took the kids out to do their Christmas shopping. We made a day of it and had lunch at Wendy's, which was a big hit. I had to take the boys back out Wednesday morning to look for that elusive gift that Destini wanted. We never did find it so the boys settled on different gift instead of running all over looking for it.

On Friday, we went to a "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" Birthday Party hosted by our homeschool group. The kids had fun playing with their friends.

My favorite thing this week was…
Spending a relatively relaxing week with my family.

Things I’m working on…
I made a pillowcase and also started working on a jumper for a present for Delani.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
Apple bars, pumpkin rolls, Turtle Rollo Candy, & Gumbo.

I’m grateful for…
The birth of Jesus Christ!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Here is Delani singing her first solo in church last Sunday.



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails