Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - June 12-18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…Everything was normal, though a little busier. My allergies have been horrible and I spent a lot of time blowing my nose and feeling blah! I guess I just have to expect this when the city I live in consistently comes up in the top 5 Worst Cities for allergies.

In our homeschool this week…Destini and Chantry finished up everything! Now we are just going to work on Math and spending time reading.

Caleb is still plugging away on science, history, and math.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We went quite a few places this week. Monday was a baseball game. Tuesday we headed to the library and the kids signed up for the summer reading program. Wednesday we headed to the park for a Homeschool Day. Thursday I went to the used curriculum sale. Friday was our final baseball game for the season. Today we headed to the baseball potluck and award ceremony. Whew, no wonder I'm tired!

My favorite thing this week was…Going to the used curriculum sale and getting some great deals. I also enjoyed seeing by boys having a great time playing baseball and we are all sorry to see the season end.

I’m reading…
Rugged and Relentless (Husbands for Hire)Creative CorrectionPeacemaking for Families (Focus on the Family)

I’m cooking…I am using this category this week, since I don't do a lot of cooking. I made a Triple Chocolate Trifle for the baseball potluck. I also just finished making Chantry's birthday cake, Hot Fudge Cake. I won't be able to taste it until tomorrow so I hope it turned out okay.


I’m grateful for…The strong homeschool community that is around me and all the wonderful friends I have made.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share… what I found at the used curriculum sale.


See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails