Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book Review: Songbird Under a German Moon by Tricia Goyer



Book Description:
The year is 1945. The war is over and 21-year-old Betty Lake has been invited to Europe to sing in a USO tour for American soldiers who now occupy Hitler’s Germany. The first night’s performance is a hit. Betty becomes enthralled
with the applause, the former Nazi-held mansion they’re housed in and the attention of Frank Witt, the US Army Signal Corp Photographer. Yet the next night this songbird is ready to fly the coop when Betty’s dear friend, Kat, turns up missing. Betty soon realizes Frank’s photographs could be the key to finding Kat. Betty and Frank team up against post-war Nazi influences and the two lovebirds’ hearts may find the answers...in each other. But will they have a chance for their romance to sing? The truth will be revealed under a German moon.


My thoughts:
I had read many great reviews about Songbird under a German Moon by Tricia Goyer and eagerly looked forward to reading this. I was about 1/3 of the way through the book when I remember thinking, "What is so great about this?" There were several places where the plot seemed to lose me and I had to go back and reread to see if I had missed something. I kept reading and the story did pick up and was really suspenseful and exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I'm not sure I'll read it based on your last paragraph, but I LOVE book bloggers who are honest!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails