Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What's On Your Nightstand - August

What's On Your Nightstand

Sadly, my summer has come to an end. When it came to reading it didn't feel very productive, but I'm okay with that since my summers tend to be busy and I don't spend a lot of time sitting around. We also had a very hot summer and it is hard to believe that it can be too hot to read, but yes I experienced quite a few days like that.

For September I have kept my reading on the light side. I am still in the progress of planning school which will lead into actually getting started and finding our groove for our new school year.
  
For September: 
 
 

From July's Nightstand I read:
  • The Question by Leigh A. Bortins - Good read. Definitely a book I'll have to read more than once.
  • Now and Forever by Mary Connealy - Just because.
  • Celia's House by D.E. Stevenson - Another enjoyable read by Stevenson.
I also read:
  • Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman - I picked this one up since I enjoyed Saving CeeCee Honeycutt so much. Unfortunately, I felt this story fell short and I didn't care for it very much.
  • Maggie Bright: A Novel of Dunkirk by Tracy Groot - I found this story riveting. Groot does a great job of telling the story of Dunkirk with a cast of odd, yet charming characters. This book was hard to put down! Highly recommended!!
  • Snow on the Tulips by Liz Tolsma - Another World War II story that tells the story of a man who was shot by the Nazis and survived. Some of the events were based on a true story. Interesting read though I found it not as captivating as the above mentioned book.
 I listened to:
  • The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees - I honestly have mixed feelings about this story. I enjoyed (to a point) the historical information based on Alcott's true family. I found the fictional story disappointing. I suppose this means I'll need to find a good biography.

See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.

2 comments:

  1. I've only read one Heyer book - The Masqueraders - but haven't tried another yet. We only home schooled for four years, but I do remember late August/early September being a very busy time with planning and getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Invincible Louisa and was really inspired to pick up something else about the Alcotts.

    The Dunkirk book sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails