Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Reading Goals for 2015

Reading Goals 2015

I am really late in posting my reading goals for this year, but I haven't forgotten. I started setting reading goals a few years ago and it has helped me be more intentional in my reading. My main goal is to work through the books I have bought in previous years and have not read. This would work really well if I could quit buying books throughout the year, but that has yet to happen. Sigh. But--I am going to keep on trying.

When I have finished the book I will decide if I will keep the book or get rid of it by selling or donating to my library. This year I didn't pick as many as I have in the past since life seems a little more hectic than it was a few years ago. I want this to be enjoyable--not stressful.

Here are my 2015 goals:
  • Bible Reading - I have found that reading the Bible through in two years vs. one works better for me. This year I will be reading from Isaiah-Revelation and through Psalms and Proverbs.
  • My Classics Club list - I must revive this. I have read quite a few off of the list, but have yet to write my thoughts up.

Books from my shelves: 
  1. Let Us Pray by Watchman Nee - I'm not sure if this title was suggested to me or just the author. I have owned this book for close to 10 years so on the list it goes. (Feb. 19) - Donate
  2. Twelve Ordinary Men & Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur - I saw my dad reading Twelve Ordinary Men years ago and it looked really interesting. I came across this copy and snatched it up and it has since just sat on my shelf. (Sept. 2) - Keeper.
  3. Thirsting for God: Spiritual Refreshment for the Sacred Journey by Gary Thomas - I really enjoy Gary Thomas' books and I had an previous version of this book on my TBR list. I came across this title last year while at Lifeway and saw it was an updated copy and since the price was right it came home with me. (Dec. 18) Donate
  4. Consider This: Charlotte Mason and the Classical Tradition - It is about Charlotte Mason and come highly recommended so yes, I had to buy it. (June 16) - Keeper
  5. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney - Another "bargain" at Lifeway that I picked up a couple of years ago. (May 11) - Keeper
  6. Rite of Passage: A Father's Blessing by Jim McBride - We bought this a few years ago to use with our oldest son, and though my husband started it it never was finished. Since my youngest son will be turning 13 this year I will read it and narrate it to my husband.  (Mar. 10) - Undecided
  7. Raising a Princess: Eight Essential Virtues To Teach Your Daughter by John Croyle - I had to pick this one up since I already owned the one for boys (see #8).  (Sept. 12) - Sell or donate
  8. The Two-Minute Drill to Manhood: A Proven Game Plan for Raising Sons by John Croyle - Another book I bought at a great price at Lifeway (I see a pattern here that tells me I need to stay out of Lifeway!)  (June 30) - Sell or donate
  9. Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss - I like Nancy Leigh DeMoss and found this book used for a great price so it came home with me and has sat for a year at least. (Feb. 18) - Definitely a keeper. A wonderful resource to have on hand.
  10.  The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective by Martha Peace - I have had this on my shelf forever. I have seen high recommendations for this book so we shall see. (Oct 2) - Donate, though the trash can may be good option.
  11. Adolescence Isn't Terminal It Just Feels Like It! by Kevin Leman - I have owned this book far too long and should have read it before my oldest hit adolescent, but I really, really like Keven Leman so on my list it goes. (Apr. 21) - Keeper. I collect his books.

1 comment:

  1. The Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life is really meaty. I don't remember if I finished it, but I really liked what I read of it. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails