I'll have to admit that I'm a little put out right now. Hello? January just arrived!! I thought I just wrote out my December Nightstand. Well, obviously not. Oh well, that is life. I did get some reading finished this month, though there were a few books had planned on getting read before today. Here goes:
For February (My choices are a little slim since I can't decide what I want to read. Unbelievable I know, since my TBR list is overflowing with titles!):
From my January Nightstand:
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig - We have read quite a few Shakespeare plays in our homeschool, but that has fallen by the wayside. After reading this I am inspired to pick it back up again.
- A Beautiful Blue Death (Charles Lenox Mysteries) by Charles Finch - An enjoyable mystery.
I am currently reading:
- The Power of a Praying® Wife by Stormie Omartian
I also read:
- Ashton Park (The Danforths of Lancashire) by Murray Pura - The jury is still out on this book. I felt like I was reading a soap opera rather than a book.
- For Such a Time by Kate Breslin - The story of Esther set during Nazi Germany. Excellent read.
- Hallowe'en Party (Hercule Poirot Mysteries) by Agatha Christie - Closing in on the end of the Poirot mysteries.
I listened to:
- The Clocks (Hercule Poirot Mysteries) by Agatha Christie - This audio used a different narrator besides Hugh Fraser (my favorite) or David Suchet. I was slightly annoyed!
- The Foundling by Georgette Heyer - Heyer kept me on my toes for this story.
- The Monument's Men by Robert M. Edsel - Very interesting historical read. Highly recommended.
- Gone with the Wind - I think I may have to part company with Scarlett or wait until the spirit moves on me. Right now it just ain't moving!!
See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.