Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

What's On Your Nightstand - January

What's On Your Nightstand

I'll have to admit that I'm a little put out right now. Hello? January just arrived!! I thought I just wrote out my December Nightstand. Well, obviously not. Oh well, that is life. I did get some reading finished this month, though there were a few books had planned on getting read before today.  Here goes:

For February (My choices are a little slim since I can't decide what I want to read. Unbelievable I know, since my TBR list is overflowing with titles!):



From my January Nightstand:

I am currently reading:

 I also read:

I listened to:
  • The Clocks (Hercule Poirot Mysteries) by Agatha Christie - This audio used a different narrator besides Hugh Fraser (my favorite) or David Suchet. I was slightly annoyed!
  • The Foundling by Georgette Heyer - Heyer kept me on my toes for this story.
  • The Monument's Men by Robert M. Edsel - Very interesting historical read. Highly recommended.
I didn't even pick up:
  • Gone with the Wind - I think I may have to part company with Scarlett or wait until the spirit moves on me. Right now it just ain't moving!!

See what others have read over at 5 Minutes for Books.

4 comments:

  1. I've not been motivated to read GWTW either - it was hard for me even to enjoy the movie in light of Scarlett's self-centeredness.

    I just read my first Heyer novel this month.

    I read The Power of a Praying Wife some years ago and should probably revisit it.

    I've been going through the Sherlock Holmes books the last year or so - when I am done maybe I'll take up Poirot. Mysteries aren't my first favorite genre but I do like them now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No GWTW here, either. No real desire to add it to my list.

    I haven't read Poirot in months. I need to grab a few for my night time reading!

    I had Monument Men checked out months ago but never had time to read it. I need to add it back to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find your posts inspiring and see several I'd to read. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Made me laugh when you wrote "I Didn't Even Pick Up... Gone With the Wind." You and me both:) That is something I really would like to read, however.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails