Happenings Around Our House
- New Review--American the Beautiful by Notgrass Company.
- The Beautician--so proud of doing her own hair with a bunch of hair clips.
- Dress I made for the County Fair. It is the first time I've ever shirred anything. Thankfully it was easy to do and turned out great.
- I don't know if this consists of summer fun, but I was rear ended. My poor van.
- Put this boy to work ironing all of his dress shirts. I have a hard enough time keeping up with his dad's.
- Ice cream cone at the Fair.
- Tried a new dessert from my Pinterest Board. Oreo Delight--it was a big hit!
- Of course, I had to get a Twinkie!!!!!!
- Delani finally decided she was brave enough to take a shower. She declared it was sooo much fun.
Marion County Fair 2013
I entered items that the kids had entered in the ACTS Student Convention into our county fair, plus I added a few things myself.
- Caleb placed first for his colored pencil for his age. He also won a shirt, hat, water bottle and 5 day passes to the Kroc Center.
- Destini received a 3rd place ribbon for one of her photography. I think that is awesome since I know photography is a tough category to place in.
- 1st place for Destini's quilt for her category and age.
- The dress I made placed first and Best of Show for the category.(Please ignore the terrible picture of myself. It was the only one that showed the whole dress. I can't take all the pictures. Sigh.)
- Delani thinks this is her entry, but the skirt I made won a 1st place ribbon.
Day at the Park
Yesterday I had an appointment in Wilsonville, so I told the kids that we would go to the park so they could play in the water feature. We had to take a small detour to Target since the sun had to burn off a cloud cover and it was a little chilly get in the water. Then we headed to the park and had lunch and by then it had warmed up considerable and turned out to be a great day to play in the water.