Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Homeschooler Mother's Journal - An "Ugh!" Week


1. Destini's piano lesson. 2. Science for High School that we are reviewing.
3. Chantry working on spelling. 4. The pollen count is VERY high!

In my life this week…
We are still attempting to get over sickness this week.  We attended my nephew's graduation on Sunday and another party for him on Monday. I had to send Shade to the doctor on Monday because he was so sick and was still running a fever. The doctor did prescribe him an antibiotic, but told him to wait two day and see if he needed it. I made him go get it filled right away. I will spare you my thoughts on the medical profession.

Tuesday found me in the dentist's office getting a filling replaced. I am still recovering from that experience. After that Destini and I headed off to her piano lesson. She started with a new teacher this week and she is really excited.

From Thursday on I have suffered from severe allergies. As you can see from the above picture that is a snippet from Pollen.com that Salem, OR is the 2nd worst city of pollen in the US and let me tell you do I know it!!!!!

Friday the boys had baseball which I tried to medicate myself to survive. I made it through Chantry and Delani's game and finally went and sat in the car for the rest of Caleb's game.
In our homeschool this week…
Well, I was hoping to be finished with school work this week, but that didn't go as planned. My kids are already in summer vacation mode and I really want to be there too. Hopefully, this week we will get everything wrapped up. We will have to work on some things that I will be reviewing in the next couple of weeks, but those won't take up too much time.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Graduation and a graduation party for my nephew. Caleb was able to spend the night with his cousins that were visiting from North Dakota for a couple of nights. Other than Destini's piano lessons we were pretty much home bodies.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I really enjoyed this article, Charlotte Mason was Right! Education is an Atmosphere by Janice Campbell.
My favorite thing this week was…
Reading Johnny Tremain aloud to my kids. We may not have finished up school work, but we did have fun getting this read this week.
Things I’m working on…
We have a used curriculum sale coming up this week, so I am trying to put a list together of what the kids will need for next year.
I'm reading...
I’m cooking…
  • Leftover enchiladas
  • Chicken & Rice Casserole
  • Meatball subs
  • Hamburgers, baked beans, pasta salad
I’m grateful for…
Family
I’m praying for…
My father-in-law
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This quote came from the above mention article and I couldn't agree more!

Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house ~Henry Ward Beecher
Homegrown Learners

1 comment:

  1. I love your quote by O'Rourke up in the corner of your blog. I hope the pollen falls in your area. We are on the east coast and it is going down.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails