Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Another Picture Edition


This week was a busy one since I headed out Thursday afternoon for the West Coast Woman's Conference that was held at Seaside. I focused on getting as much school work done as I could before I left plus get everything I needed packed. Here is a view of our week.

1. Destini and Chantry are reading Minn of the Mississippi by Holling C. Holling for geography. I finally got their map work together and we started mapping Minn's progress. I also printed off a turtle to put on our wall map and we are going to chart's it's progress down the Mississippi River.

2. Reading our world history book, George Washington's World by Genevieve Foster

3. It is that time of the year that soup makes it back into out dinner schedule. This week it was potato soup (minus the bacon since I forgot to take it out of the freezer)--a favorite in our house!

4. Chantry and Destini were mapping the animals we have learned about so far from Exploring Creation With Zoology 3.

5. Books I am currently reading:
6. I had quite an exciting week, but the icing on the cake was receiving Everyday Cooking by Vicki Bentley which I won the giveaway offered by Tricia at Hodgepodge.

7 & 9. With my wonderful friends Hannah, Sarah, & Lisa taking a short break at the beach. It had stopped raining before we arrived and there wasn't any wind blowing (miracles never cease). They give me a lot of ribbing since I do not appreciate the coast of Oregon. We had a wonderful time at the conference that we attended.

8. In spite of the nasty coast weather, I am still in awe of the ocean and the greatness of our God that controls it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails