Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Family Trip & School Planning


In my life this the past few weeks...
Okay, so I've been very neglectful with blogging. My parents came for a visit and I just couldn't find time to blog. But that is okay, since spending time with my parents is more important.

We decided to travel to down to see the Redwoods. We started in Crescent City and went all the way through The Avenue of the Giants.




The kids had fun climbing up through the trails and climbing on fallen trees.



We then headed up the Oregon Coast highway and stopped at places along the way. We spent the night in Newport and the next day we went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium (a little disappointing for the admission price) to finish up our study of Exploring Creation With Zoology 2. We then stopped at the two lighthouses there. At the Yaquina Head Lighthouse we went down to the water to see if we could find any tide pools. We were a little early, but the kids were able to get an idea of how they form.





What I've been working on...
So we haven't started school yet. We finally have been experiencing summer and it is too nice to spend time indoors. Oregon isn't really conducive for year round schooling. I have been busy trying to get plans written down for the year. I have Destini's and Chantry's school plans close to being complete. I just got Caleb's Year At-A-Glance form filled out for the most part. Now I have to start working on weekly plans. His will take the longest since he is in 11th grade.

So that is what we have been up to. Next week we will be honing in on getting ready for school.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Since my mom lives in Wisconsin I'm not able to send a lot of gifts, so I just stockpile and wait until she comes. This is a bag I made for her. She loves Mary Engelbreit fabric and I had this stashed away until I found a cute idea to use it for.


I am linkin up at iHomeschool Network & Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails