Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page

•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

It has been a couple of weeks since I participated but I've been having a wonderful time with my parents while they were visiting. I'm also in the midst of working on my kids' homeschool plans for this coming school year, but I'm taking a few minutes to sneak in a Teaser Tuesday. This week I'm sharing teasers from two books I am currently reading and enjoying.


Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy by Flora Thompson
A continual subject for speculation was as to how Dick and Sally managed to live so comfortably with no visible means of support beyond their garden and beehives and the few shillings their two soldier sons might be supposed to send them, and Sally in her black silk on Sundays and Dick never without a few ha'pence for garden seeds or to fill his tobacco pouch. 'Wish they'd tell me how 'tis done,' somebody would grumble. 'I could do wi' a leaf out o' their book.' p. 78


Remembering You by Tricia Goyer
We're going to have to talk about it sometime, Ava. That night--that fight--changed the course of our lives." p. 203


10 comments:

  1. Oooo, these sound good. Remembering You by Tricia Goyer is on my to-read already hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good....I'm adding them to my list!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my kind of books, but hope you enjoy them :)
    Here is my post. I could not find your GFC icon to follow, so did rss, :)
    Teaser Tuesday Tuesday & Tuesday Intros Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tricia Goyer tease has me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teasers. I want to know what happened in the second book. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remembering You is pretty good. Hope you like it :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remembering You sounds incredibly enticing!

    Thanks for stopping by The Coffee Pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great teasers! I hadn't heard of either but I'll have to check them out, especially Remembering You.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great choices, I enjoyed your teasers this week. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh they both sound good. nice teasers this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails