Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Getting Back Into Our Normal Groove

After ACTS Student Convention

  • In my life this week…Things have been quiet here lately as we have been incredibly busy and trying to recover and get back into our normal routine.


  • The first week of May the kids participated in the ACTS Student Convention. The kids did very well for their first year in participating. Caleb entered essay writing, photography, puppet show, poetry recitation, chess, basketball and track. He took home 1st place in puppets, 2nd place in essay writing and basketball, and 3rd place in poetry recitation and photography. Destini entered poetry writing, puppet show (with Caleb), scrapbook page, photography and misc. sewing. She received 1st place puppet show and misc. sewing, and a 2nd place in poetry writing. Chantry entered poetry recitation, photography, chess, and at the last minute was put on a basketball team. He brought home a 1st place in chess and 3rd place in poetry recitation.

    After coming home from the convention I am still trying to catch up. We started Monday off with my husband having to be to work by 4am and then having to attend a minister's meeting in the evening. I didn't feel good about him traveling with so little sleep, so we skipped baseball practice and I went with him to help keep him awake and drive if need be.The rest of the week sped by fast as I tried to catch up on laundry, getting groceries, and getting back into our normal routine. We ended our week with a baseball game.

  • In our homeschool this week…It was time to get back to doing school work and let me tell you it was like pulling hen's teeth. I finally had to remind them that summer break had not started!


  • Chantry finished Phonics Pathways: Clear Steps to Easy Reading and Perfect Spelling which he has been working through since 1st grade. He was very excited. He and Destini also finished
    American Tall Tales (Puffin Books) by Adrien Stoutenberg.

    Destini has been working hard and she finished Language Lessons for the Elementary Child 2 and Lamb's Book of Art I. Of course, that meant some other things were neglected so this week will require doing some catching up.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Destini had piano lessons and the boys had a baseball game.


  • My favorite thing this week was…being at home.


  • Things I’m working on…All three kids have to take an achievement test this year, so I have been trying to find a tester and schedule a time. In the meantime I'll be praying in the money to get this done!


  • I also need to switch out my summer and winter clothes, but the weather is not cooperating. We went from 80 degrees to 55 degrees and then back to 80 degrees all in one week!

  • I’m reading…




  • I’m cooking…I finally had time to make homemade pizza and we were able to grill some pork chops.


  • I’m grateful for…that my kids were able to experience using their talents for the Lord.


  • I’m praying for…my husband--he keeps suffering from headaches and dizziness.


  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


  • Destini with the baby blanket that she made.


    I am linking up at iHomeschool Network and Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails