Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Reading Journal - March 2, 2012: Parenting by the Book, Georgette Heyer and More



Parenting by The Book: Biblical Wisdom for Raising Your Child by John Rosemond

My thoughts:
A child raising book written by a child psychologist who exposes the babble of today's postmodern child psychology. He then shares how biblical principles worked in the past and still work for today. An eye-opener and probably one of the best parenting books I've read. I will be doing a more thorough review in the next few days.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



Bath Tangle by Georgette Heyer

My thoughts:
I read a Georgette Heyer last week and reading a great book by her is like an itch you have to scratch. So I picked up Bath Tangle. It took over three-fourths of the book to get any action, but when it happens, WOW it happens! This story won't rank as one of my favorite Heyer reads, but if you like strong heroines, Bath Tangle won't disappoint.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



Men of Iron by Howard Pyle

An excellent and exciting read! Read my review here.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos




Tanglewood Tales by Nathaniel Hawthorne

My thoughts:
We just finished this book. I will be reviewing it for next weeks Read Aloud Thursday hosted by Amy at Hope is the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails