Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Reading Journal - February 10: The Blythes are Quoted, The Organized Heart & More

This week was quite the week for reading. I had quite a few books that I've been reading through during the last couple weeks and it was the week to complete them. What I read:


The Blythes are Quoted - L.M. Montgomery 

Book Description:
The Blythes Are Quoted is the last work of fiction by the internationally celebrated author of Anne of Green Gables. Intended by L.M. Montgomery to be the ninth volume in her bestselling series featuring her beloved heroine Anne – and delivered to her publisher on the very day she died – it has never before been published in its entirety.

This is another collection of short stories and poetry of L.M. Montgomery, but different than her other collections of  short stories. These stories are set at the Glen St. Mary and the stories are interspersed with references of Anne, Gilbert, and her children. The poetry are poems "written" by Anne or Walter. After each poem are comments made the Blythe family and Susan Baker, their housekeeper, who is an integral part of their family.

My favorite story was "A Dream Comes True". Read my teaser from this story here.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


Educating the WholeHearted Child -- Third Edition - Clay & Sally Clarkson

I am embarrassed to admit that it took me months to read this book, but I finally finished it!! I will be posting a review in the coming week.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


Gone West: A Daisy Dalrymple Mystery (Daisy Dalrymple Mysteries) - Carola Dunn

The 20th book in the Daisy Dalrymple Mysteries and yes, I have read all of them. Daisy curiosity always gets the best of her and true to form someone is murdered. Gone West was a little slow in getting going, but it had me going until the end. It took me that long to figure out who the murderer was.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


The Organized Heart - Staci Easton

This was a book on my TBR list for 2012. The Organized Heart presents a different reason for un-organization in our lives. PRIDE. She focuses on four areas that women struggle with: Perfectionism, Busyness, Possessions, and Leisure. She also addresses the woman with who are dealing with difficult situations (e.g. sickness) in their lives. This book challenges the everyday idea of organization, by looking at the heart first. A worthwhile read!

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


Letter from New York: BBC Woman's Hour Broadcasts by Helene Hanff

This is a compilation of short and sweet vinettes of New York City written and broadcast on the BBC radio show "The Woman's Hour" by Helene Hanff, the author of 84, Charing Cross Road. I have never been to New York City and found these enjoyable.

I am linking up over at:
SatReviewbutton

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing some really great books. I've got Organized Heart on my Kindle (to read soon).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails