Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - January 2-6, 2011

Delani reading to her baby doll.

In my life this week…
Life goes on. This week was spent on getting back into our routine. I was wanting to try to get up earlier, but it didn't happen. I also have been trying to be a little more organized. I have been using this free daily planner available at A Holy Experience . So far this seems to be working and I have gotten quite a few thing done.

On Tuesday evening I went to my homeschool mom's meeting and had a great time.

I was wanting to take the Christmas decorations down, but the week after New Years is a tough week at work for my husband so it finally came down today.

In our homeschool this week…
We started school back up Monday morning!

Caleb is learning about aquatic creatures in his Biology 101. I had him read a few chapter out of Exploring Creation with Zoology 2. He also watched the IMAX: Under the Sea and Whales - An Unforgettable Journey .

Chantry has started double digit multiplication in his math book. This is where I part way with helping my kids in math. Now understand, I can do the math, but for some reason I don't do a good job of explaining it. So I let their dad take over.

Destini was delighted to find her new math lesson dealt with figuring volume, but after 3 lessons the long division showed back up. She gets her dad pretty frustrated because she erases her work before he can see what she did wrong. Ahhh, the joys of math!

Destini has also misplaced her art and grammar book. I have no idea where it could be and will spend the rest of the weekend looking for it.

For Delani I finally got on the ball and updated her learning chart. We read about cookies and she was greatly offended when I returned The Gingerbread Boy to the library.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We didn't have any events to attend, but I took the kids to Walmart on Wednesday so the boys could spend their gift cards that they got for Christmas from their uncle. They came out with several things and still had money left over!

Destini started up her piano lessons this week and Caleb had tutoring in writing. Destini is going to start being tutored in writing next week. She isn't too happy, but she is definitely ready for this.

My favorite thing this week was…
Peeking over my son's shoulder and being delighted at his writing. Yes, he has a long ways to go, but I was definitely impressed with what I read.

What’s working/not working for us…
For some reason I keep forgetting to review our Bible Memory and Poetry Memory. I need to fix that!!

Things I’m working on…
Well, I was able to work on some of my sewing projects, but for a couple of gifts I wanted to make I kept running into obstacles, so I just put it away. I also will be getting my house in tip top shape since my parent's will be flying in on Tuesday.

I was also to make a list of books I would like to get read for 2012. These are books that have been sitting around the house for awhile and I want to decide if I should keep them or pass them on. This list is just the tip of the iceberg of what I will end up reading, since I love to use my library.

I’m reading…




I’m grateful for…
The opportunity to homeschool my children. This really has been life changing for me.

I’m praying for…
Our church.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Here are the boys with their "gifts!"

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a good week. Thanks for the link to the dayplanner. I am reading about the pomodoro technique right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails