Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Composer Study: Mozart

a teaching heart

We are in a new term and now on to a new composer. We are following Ambleside Online's suggestions for the 2011-2012, Term 1. We are also reading Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Getting to Know the World's Greatest Composers) by Mike Venezia.

Listening selections include:

-Serenade No. 13 for strings in G major (K525) ("Eine Kleine Nacht Musik")
-Requiem Mass in D minor (K626) (A vocal work)
-Symphony no. 41 in C major (K551) ("Jupiter)"
-Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra in E-flat major (K364)
-Piano Concerto no. 21 in C major (K467)

So far we have covered Serenade No. 13, which was fun and enjoyable and Requiem Mass in D minor. The Requiem Mass in D minor has been very different. It is what I call "hairy" music (don't ask me why, I have used that term since I was a teenager). We are taking 4 weeks listening to the Requiem and I have to say that I haven't heard as much complaining so it must be growing on us. Here is a small piece of the Requiem, which we will be adding to our study. Watching the YouTube clips clips will be helpful.



I am linking up over at ~a teaching heart~.

1 comment:

  1. I loved studying Mozart, but I don't think we listened to as much of his music as we probably should have! But there is so much!!

    By the way, I love your blog background - it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails