Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Homeschooler Mother's Journal - September 26-30, 2011

Out for a nature walk!
 I really took the picture because my youngest daughter's outfit made me giggle.

In my life this week…
It was a pretty uneventful week. I did have to go to the dentist, which I NEVER look forward to.

In our homeschool this week…
It was a smooth week.  Our schedule seems to be working good. We were also able to take a nature walk, an item I always have on my list, but never get to. I don't know how much nature we saw, but the kids seemed to really enjoy it.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
The Handbook of Nature Study - Getting Started with Nature Study is what gave me that little push to go on our nature walk.

I am inspired by…
Delani who is learning Psalm 23:1.
I ask, "Who takes care of you?"
The answer should be, "The Lord is my Shepherd. Psalms 23:1. 
Her normal response is, "God takes care... (I interrupt with "The Lord")...is my shepherd and he takes care of me. Number 3:1" Too cute and so precious!!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Destini and I are working our way through Beautiful Girlhood and the Companion Guide, so we went to MacDonalds for some together time. Then it was time to head off to her piano lesson.

We went to a local park for our nature walk.

My favorite thing this week was…
Having  beautiful weather!!

What’s working/not working for us…
I am really enjoying A Reason for Handwriting books that Destini and Chantry are using. Both kids really needed to make their writing neater. Chantry is doing the Transitions book and Destini is doing book E.

Things I’m working on…
I am trying to update the notebook for the homeschool mom's group that I am a part of. Since all I received was sheet to copy I have to re-type every page to make changes.

I’m reading…


I’m grateful for…
My husband--who works a physical job, pastors, keeps me in line and then helps the kids with their problems in their school work. His job got him all primed for doing a 4 day week, but then they changed their mind. I know it was disappointing to him, but I appreciate his willingness to provide for our family.

I’m praying for…
My husband--I know how very tired he is.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Check out that pine cone!!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails