Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Mother's Homeschool Journal - September 19-23, 2011

Delani playing with her puzzle.

In my life this week… Life resumed back to normal.

In our homeschool this week… After a 2 week trip seeing my mom and dad and then 1 more week to recover it was time to put our nose to the grindstone. School started back up in force!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… I just reviewed WonderMaps by Bright Idea Press for Timberdoodle. Check it out here.

My favorite thing this week was… I made it through 75% of Delani's school schedule. She loves her learning chart and the time we spend reading books. I bought the Preschool Package from My Father's World and we have used a couple of the puzzles, but I haven't got around to using them with the activity cards.

What’s working/not working for us…
I dumped Our Mother Tongue with Caleb and for now have pulled out the Easy Grammar Ultimate Grade 9 that we didn't finish last year. Our Mother Tongue looks great, but it is not for Caleb.

Things I’m working on… Ummm, does ironing count? I finally got the kids' schedule's printed off and put in their binders.

I’m reading…



I am linking up at The Homeschool Chick.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

1 comment:

  1. How great that you recognize what works and doesn't work for your son and are willing to just let go of that which doesn't work!

    A Slice of Homeschool Pie
    www.asliceofhomeschoolpie.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails