Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

A Homeschool Mother's Journal: March 28-April 1, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

I was excited to find this meme, thanks to Amy at Hope is the Word. I have been wanting to do something like this for a while and was thrilled when I read about it.

In my life this week...
Thankfully, life took a more normal turn this week. The last two weeks it seemed we had something going on everyday. 


In our homeschool this week...
We are heading into our 2nd week of our last term of school. Destini & Chantry have started some new books, The Adventures of Robin Hood (Puffin Classics), Pagoo, and Joan of Arc. We also finished out read aloud, Five Children and It (Puffin Classics). I'm not sure what we pick out for the next one, but I have the weekend to decide.

Caleb is still reading Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc (Dover Thrift Editions) and started The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. He also started memorizing "If" by Rudyard Kipling. At first he was very resistant to this (in his very quiet way), but I held his feet to the fire and after he got a couple of stanza memorized he realized it wasn't as hard as he thought!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We pretty much stayed at home this week, which made life a lot easier.


My favorite thing this week was...
We were able to get our family devotions back on track. We started a new hymn, At Calvary, and a new folk song this week, Clementine. Clementine is a pretty sad song, but it sure brought out the giggles in everyone. Why do folk songs seem to do that?


What's working/not working for us...
I started Mystery of History III with my oldest the past couple of weeks. So far so good--he really likes the map work.


Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
Why do I feel so compelled to follow my schedule?? If I need an unplanned day off why do I get stressed out about messing up my schedule? Once again my perfectionist tendencies are rearing their ugly head--one more thing to take to the Lord in prayer!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


See more Homeschool Mother's Journals over at The Homeschool Chick.
____________________________________
Book Giveaway!


Go here for details and to enter!

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad if you need to follow a schedule. Some people do and some people don't. Do what works best for you - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails