Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Reading Journal - March & April

2021

I had great intentions to post my reading journal every month and I have already failed. In March I had a great reading month and April was pretty dismal, but that's okay. Here is a look at what I have been reading the last few months.

March

Fiction:
  • Constable among the Heather by Nicholas Rhea - I am really enjoying this series and am still working my way through it. 
  • Constable around the Green by Nicholas Rhea
  • Constable beneath the Trees by Nicholas Rhea
  • The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett - I read this book for The Literary Life Reading Challenge for the middle ages. It took a while to get all the characters straight, but I did enjoy the story by the end.
  • Just Like That by Gary D. Schmidt - I love Gary D. Schmidt and this was another outstanding story by him. Not as good as Wednesday Wars, but still a worthy read.
  • A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh - I listened to my first Ngaio Marsh book in December and then I realized that it was a part of a series. I have a thing about series and like to start at the beginning. I think I prefer reading her books vs. audio and I will dive a little more into this series eventually.
  • Munich by Robert Harris (audio) - I saw this book recommended somewhere. It was an interesting read since it dealt with Chamberlain and the beginning of World War II. 
  • Murder in an Irish Bookshop by Carlene O'Connor - This is another series that I have really enjoyed. This one was a little more PC than I prefer, but still readable.
  • Silas Marner by George Eliot (audio) - I listened to this along with The Literary Life podcast. I have always enjoyed this story even when I first read it in high school. (Of course, everyone else moaned and groaned about it.)

Non-Fiction:

April: (I had COVID-19 in April so it greatly affected my reading life. Not that I was very sick, but I didn't feel very inclined to read.)
Fiction:

Non-Fiction:
  • Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee - I heard about this book from a recommendation from a podcast. I didn't really care for it so I won't recommend it. 
  • Pearls of Wisdom: Little Pieces of Advice by Barbara Bush - On the other hand this book is a gem! I really enjoyed all the little tidbits that Barbara Bush passed on. Just good common sense advice that our world needs to remember and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails