Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Reading Goals for 2017

2017 Reading Goals 

I started making reading goals about 5 years ago and didn't really realized how much they had helped me until I didn't make any reading goals for 2016. Well, 2017 is here and I am going to remedy that. First and foremost is daily Bible reading and then the rest of my reading goals will be non-fiction, since I have no trouble picking up fiction books. Also, I like to pick books that are languishing on my shelves and when I'm done reading them I determine if they are keepers or donations. The perfect remedy is that I would actually clean off some of my shelves, but I know that probably won't ever happen. Books come in faster than they go out.

Here is what I'm striving for this year:

  1. Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin - I may need my head examined since I hated The Happiness Project, but I find the topic of habits intriguing so I'm going to attempt this one. (July - a keeper for now)
  2. Becoming a Woman of Influence by Carol Kent - As a pastor's wife I'm always looking out for books that will help me on this journey so when I came across this title I snatched it up. (May - donation)
  3. Fervent by Priscilla Shirer - Inspired to read due to the film War Room. (March - keep)
  4. The Power of a Praying Church by Stormie Omartian - Another book to enhance the ministry. (March - donation)
  5. God Has a Waiting Room by Kim Haney - This book came highly recommended by one of my best friends so I'll be checking it out. (didn't read)
  6. How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind by Dana K. White - I'll admit I just added this to my pile. It was an impulse purchase during the holiday season. I'm always on the lookout for tips and tricks to keep my home orderly (is that possible?). (February - keep)
  7. The Bait of Satan by John Bevere - Another book that was highly recommend by a friend. (September - keep)
  8. Norms and Nobility by David Hicks - This is a current book discussion on the Ambleside Online forum. I am hoping to keep up with the weekly readings that will last for the whole year. (December - keep)
  9. What He Must Be...If He Wants to Marry My Daughter - Voddie Baucham - No, my daughter is not getting married, but I do have a son who is dating/courting (whatever you want to call it now days). So I thought I this might be an interesting read. Again, another book that has sat quite a while on my bookshelf. (April - donation)
  10. Cultivate: Forming the Emerging Generation Through Life-on-Life Mentoring - Jeff Myers - I believe I only added this to my shelf in the last year. This looks like a great read. (I started this book but just didn't care for it - donation)


Kindle books:
(Read in October)
 (Read January 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails