We have been on a crazy whirlwind ride as our Destini and Chantry prepared for the West Coast ACTS Student Convention, a competition that we have participated in the last 4 years. We did pretty well keeping up with school work and doing convention projects, but by March we were down to a bare minimum of school work as the deadline quickly approached.
We completed the competition the last week and this week we had a pretty easy week of school while trying to catch up on some sleep. Next week it will be time to put the nose to the grindstone.
Here is a look of what has been happening the last few weeks:
1. Easter Sunday - The kids each received a bag of candy and a book. Here are the books that were given as gifts:
2. Chantry has gone through a major growth spurt. He is feeling pretty good that he is as tall as his sister.
3. Baseball has started!!
4. Chantry preaching for ACTS Student Convention.
5. Delani was involved in a homeschool choir from January through the beginning of April. Her concert happened to fall right in the middle of Chantry and Destini's competition. Delani and I were able to slip away for a few hours while she sang in the concert.
6. & 7. In the midst of a concert and competitions Delani celebrated her 7th birthday. I can't believe that my baby is 7 years old. We celebrated are few days later with her requested birthday cake--Strawberry Shortcake.
8. Even though the last month has been heavily focused on practicing poetry and preaching and hand crafts we have kept up our readings for history, literature, and geography. We also got quite a free reads finished (We finished reading Penrod , Penrod and Sam , Ben-Hur, and we started Five for Victory.
9. This is the closest that Caleb will resemble anything from Star Wars. He is taking a welding class and this is his fancy head gear. He is also taking CAD 1.
Check out how Chantry and Destini did at West Coast ACTS Student Convention here.