Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - The Week of Quilting


1. Quilting the quilt. 2. Spanish for You 3. New water bottles.
4. The boys before their haircut and (5) after.
6. Yeah, we are to the binding! 7. & 8. Baseball games.
In my life this week…
This week was the big push to get Destini's quilt finished up to the point of the binding. Of course, it took a lot longer since we kept running into problems when it came down to actually quilting it. She finally got the quilting finished late Thursday evening and then she felt so inspired that we sewed the binding on. By that time is was 2 in the morning. Needless to say on Friday Destini was worn out and had to take a long nap. Me? Yes I'm tired, but as mom I have to keep going. She is now working feverishly to hand sew the binding to the back of the quilt.

I feel like I spent most of this week stuck in my room. I was really just in there for moral support and guidance for Destini, but it still meant I couldn't go very far. I don't think we would have made it without the audio book of Little Men by Louisa May Alcott to keep us entertained.
 
In our homeschool this week…
Though Destini didn't do as much work I kept the boys going as best as I could. We also kept working on Spanish for You which I will be reviewing next week and some other things for review.

Destini and Chantry finished up their geography read, Minn of the Mississippi by Holling C. Holling. Out of all of his other books we have read for Geography this one wasn't a favorite.
 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
I did make it to Great Clips to get the boys' hair cut. I kept trying to slip off to Walmart, but that wasn't working out very well. Oh and I can't forget baseball, that controls our Mondays and Fridays.

My favorite thing this week was…
A couple of weeks ago I melted Caleb's water bottle in the dishwasher. I went looking for another, but couldn't find any that were in my price range. On Tuesday Destini and I had to run to Fred Meyer to get sewing machine needles (no, I don't normally buy sewing machine needles there, but I won't bore you with that story) and right in the front was a package of four water bottles for $5.99. This was perfect since Chantry and Delani really needed a water bottle, too.
 
Things I’m working on…
We are working on the kids' entries for the West Coast Student Convention that they will be participating in next week. Both boys have poem recitation, Caleb & Destini have a puppet show, and Caleb is signing a song.
 
I'm reading...
I've kept on on the Bible and The Truth War, but my fiction reading consists of 2 lines before I fall asleep! I am also participating in The Hidden Art of Homemaking book club hosted by Cindy from Ordo Amoris. Read more here.


I’m cooking…
Spaghetti
Grilled Cheese
Quesadillas
 
I’m grateful for…
This time to work with my daughter.
 
I’m praying for…
Our kids.
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

I've shared this before, but this was our theme this week!
 

5 comments:

  1. Keep Calm and get the Seam Ripper....love it! I am so sewing challenged that I spend more time with that tool than the actual sewing machine. Thanks so much for linking to Homeschool Review. I look forward to seeing how this week turns out for you and yours. -Savannah @ HammockTracks

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just gotten involved in Home Run, too! How exciting to see that you guys are part of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the KEEP CALM Sign..lol not a "sewer" myself I admire anyone who can! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that "Keep Calm" sign, too. I need more sewing time, and space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the keep calm sign. I need one that says Keep Calm and Unravel, too. I think I undo just as much as I do. Looks like a wonderfully full week with your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails