Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: A Nice Calm Week

Chantry
 

In my life this week…
Life took a turn toward normal. I couldn't ask for more than that.

My local homeschool mom's meeting started back up for the year on Tuesday evening.

In our homeschool this week…
Caleb started an art class for the first term of the year. He is doing Drawing 101. This is the first class he has taken outside of the home so it will be a new experience for us. He also started Spanish.

Destini loves George Washington's World by Genevieve Foster so much that she is reading World of Columbus and Sons on her own.

Chantry is taking another whirl through phonics using the Uncovering the Logic of English. He is also trying out the Handwriting Program. So far so good, but we aren't very far into yet so I'll share more as we further progress.

My favorite thing this week was…
The normalness of life!!! It was like a breath of fresh air.

Things I’m working on…
I am still trying to get my school stuff organized. Of course this required organizing all of the Louis L'Amour and Grace Livingston Hill books out in the garage!! (Honestly, I was trying to make room for my pile of Shakespeare books.) This week I take another shot at it. I really want to get some Morning Time plans in place and a timeline up on our wall.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
Homemade pizza & tacos.

I’m grateful for…
The beautiful weather we have had. Monday and Tuesday started off chilly, but from Wednesday on it was fabulous--nice and hot!! I'm trying to soak it all in before the cold comes.

I’m praying for…
Our church.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I had to share this quote. I will admit that fall isn't my favorite season when it comes to weather, but it ranks up there when it comes to food!

"Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie." ~Jim Davis


I am linking up at  Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails