Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Reading Journal #20:The Big Four by Agatha Christie & More

The Big Four: A Hercule Poirot Mystery | [Agatha Christie]

The Big Four - Agatha Christie (audio)

My thoughts:
I really enjoyed this Hercule Poirot mystery and I was surprised that it didn't have very good reviews on Amazon. Yes, this is different from Poirot's other stories, but I found it very interesting and suspenseful. I really found this story reminded me quite a bit of Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, especially when it turned out he had a brother!

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos

Ordained Irreverence - by McMillian Moody

My thoughts:
This was a free Kindle book that caught my eye since the main character was a church intern. I want to say up front this is total fluffy reading and there isn't a moral lesson or spiritual theme applied. That being said the author does a good job of covering the idiosyncrasies of humans which made it pretty funny. The title isn't kidding when it says "Ordained Irreverence!"

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



Wings of Morning by Kathleen Morgan

My thoughts:
This is the second book in These Highland Hills series. I recently read the first books, Child of the Mist (free for Kindle right now), and enjoyed it. I found the the heroine in this story a little hard to like and found it detracting to the story. Of course, since I'm a sucker for novels set in Scotland I'll have to go read the third book, A Fire Within.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos



Beyond the Chore Chart: Chores, Kids, and the Secret to a Happy Mom by Kimberly Eddy

My thoughts:
I'm always on the lookout for ways to get my children to help around the house. I found this a quick, but very practical read. The most important things: When teaching them new things stay with them and help along with them (obvious, I know!). The other thing she pointed out is making lists that they can follow which helps your child do the chore correctly. Honestly, I just want to know why they can't read about how to do a chore and then figure it out themselves! ;)

I am linking up over at:
SatReviewbutton




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails