Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!


Well, it is that time of the year that life in the Starr household takes a violent shift in speed from normal to incredibly busy. I have been a little neglectful of keeping up with my blogging not because I want to, but because I haven't had time! We are still trying to keep on top of homeschooling which isn't easy, but necessary. I really would love to ditch the work for the next few weeks, but I know when June comes I would be very, very sorry.

So here are a few things we have been up to:

-Baseball

 Caleb and Chantry have started baseball practice. That means every Monday and Friday I have to have dinner served, cleaned up, and out the door by 4:30 to be to practice on time.

-Easter

Before Easter I dug out our Resurrection Eggs since Delani had never gone through them before. The first time that I read the book Benjamin's Box, which is a story that goes with them, she was extremely upset that the last egg was empty. She told me, "Mom, there has to be something in them!!" I explained to her that the egg was empty to show how Jesus' tomb was empty and it was a time to rejoice. It took her awhile to adjust to that thought.


Easter gifts--books and candy. Easter is my downfall when it comes to candy. Who can pass up Starburst jelly beans and Mini Robin Eggs?


Here are the kids all dressed up for church. I also made the girls skirts for Easter Sunday.



Delani's skirt (left) was made using this tutorial and Destini's skirt came from a skirt in her closet that I used to make my own pattern and then added the tulle to the bottom.

-Delani's 4th Birthday

Delani requested Strawberry Shortcake for her birthday cake. She was able to go to the park and swing, come home and open presents and enjoy her birthday cake!

She received a birthday card in the mail from her Grandma and Grandpa K. that included stickers which she promptly used to decorate herself with.

I will hopefully have more posts on what we have been up to, plus some Reading Journal entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails