Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Reading Journal #7: Another Georgette Heyer & a How-To on Raising a Large Family


The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer

My thoughts:
I ran out of fiction material from the library and had to go depend upon my bookshelves for some fun reading. The Black Moth was my book of choice, since I have already read two of Georgette Heyer's novels this year. This was Heyer's first novel and is a Georgian romance. This is not a fluffy romance and it definitely shows Heyer's genius in this genre, even though I can't say it is her one of her best novels.

After doing some research, I learned that this is a sequel to These Old Shades, which I read and reviewed last year. The character's name were changed, but you can definitely tell by their "personalities" how they resemble the characters in The Black Moth. If you love Georgette Heyer The Black Moth won't disappoint.

Download to your Kindle for free.
Listen to it here.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family by Mary Ostyn

My thoughts:
I know I probably don't qualify for having a large family, but I figure I can glean a lot from someone who has more children than I do. This was such an encouraging read and filled with many practical suggestions and ideas. Reading A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family is down-to-earth and equal to sitting down with a Dt. Coke (or your drink of choice) with the author.

I am linking up over at:


SatReviewbutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails