Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Reading Journal - February 17: The Resolution for Women & More


The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer

This is a book for all women in all ages and stages of life. I found that there were parts of the book I already applied to my life, but then "pow" there was a small nugget that would convict and give me a lot of food for thought. My favorite parts were the sections on marriage, children and leaving a legacy.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


The River Queen: A Water Wheel Novel by Gilbert Morris

I have enjoyed many of Gilbert Morris' previous books, but I found this one lacking. Morris' strength is his descriptive writing, but I found the plot shallow and the heroine a brat!

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


Family Grandstand by Carol Ryrie Brink

From the author of Caddie Woodlawn, Family Grandstand tells the story of the Ridgeway children who live in the mid-west and love college football. This was a cute story, though not as charming as Caddie.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


The Children of the New Forest by Frederick Marryat

This was our literature selection for our current term. We read ahead and finished it a few week early. I will be reviewing this fun story next week.

I am linking up over at:
SatReviewbutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails