Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - January 30 - February 3, 2012

Girl's Night Out

In my life this week…
I started the week off realizing that I didn't have the flu, but a nasty sinus infection. Of course, that required a visit to urgent care and antibiotics. I feel so much better than I did at the beginning of the week, though I'm not quite back to 100%.

Monday I spent recouping, though we did do school work. Most of time I was on the couch.

On Tuesday, I went to the chiropractor and I did go to work (I am the bookstore manager for a Friends of the Library organization) Tuesday evening since I missed Saturday and all the donated books were piling up.

Wednesday I ran errands and then a girl's night out with Destini and our friends, Lisa, Sarah & Hannah.

Thursday was Delani's appointment at the dentist to get her baby root canal. This required us to leave the house at 6:20 am to make it there by 7:20. She received an oral anesthesia, laughing gas and was also numbed. The dentist was very pleased at how she did. He said she was absolutely still the whole time which really helped him. He did prescribe another round of antibiotics since there was still a little swelling. She was a little fussy and kind of loopy on our way home. When we got home she played for a bit, but I had to go lie down since I couldn't keep my eyes open. Thankfully, she decided to snuggle and we took a nap. When she woke up she was in fine spirits and we were able to go to church in the evening.

Friday we looked out our window to see headed to the kids writing class and then the kids spent some time afterwards playing outside. Typical of Oregon, the weather has turned beautiful in February, which probably means we will have rain for the next 3 months.

In our homeschool this week…
It was a pretty uneventful week.

Caleb figured out how divide polynomials in Math U See Algebra all by himself. His dad was pretty impressed. Me? I couldn't even tell you what a polynomial is so I am incredibly impressed!

Destini and Chantry are learning about Charles I in our reading of Our Island Story by H.E. Marshall. This is tying in beautifully with our reading of The Children of the New Forest by Frederick Marryat.

We were supposed to start a new hymn and folk song, but I totally dropped the ball this week and did not have them ready. I must do that this weekend.

I am inspired by…
My kids--they are such a blessing!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We went to the library, the dentist, and to Caleb and Destini's writing class.

Destini and I joined with our friends, Lisa, Sarah & Hannah for a ladies shopping evening. We ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries, shopped and had a blast.
My favorite thing this week was…
Going out with my daughter!
What’s working/not working for us…
Bible and Poetry Memory is still a thorn in my side. I believe all my kids can work on their Bible memory by themselves I have decided I am not nagging them about it. It is written on their daily goal chart so they know it needs to be done. So I have put out an ultimatum to my children-- Their scripture is to be memorized in 5 weeks or there will be no use of DVDs or gaming systems for the next school term. I have one who has taken me seriously and two who, I guess, don't think I'll do it.

Questions/thoughts I have…
I realized that I was totally in the dark concerning the Susan G. Koman organization and Planned Parenthood. What business does a cancer research organization have in supporting abortions? Thankfully, I have never supported them and will not be starting now. Okay, that is probably the extent of my political opinions that will be shared on this blog for a long while.

Things I’m working on…
-Getting our hymn study and folk song ready.
-It is that time to start working on next terms schedule.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
This was a bad week for cooking. My husband did make a German Chocolate Cake which was delicious!

I’m grateful for…
Life!

I’m praying for…
A total healing on Delani's tooth.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

The birds at our bird feeder.



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. I've just started Educating The Wholehearted Child. What do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails