Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - February 20-24, 2012

Homemade Pizza!
In my life this week…
This week life, thankfully went back to normal. I even slept in a little later than usual a couple of mornings. By the time we came to the end of the week, my poor husband had come down with a nasty cough and just feeling bad. On Friday I decided to deal to attack potty training with Delani. After her experience with two UTIs, she has been very resistant to giving up diapers. She met with success, though by the evening she was DONE with sitting on the potty. She was begging for a diaper.

In our homeschool this week…
We are closing in on the end of Term 2 and Chantry and Destini are finished up Bard of Avon: The Story of William Shakespeare by Diane Stanley. Chantry also started cursive in Reason for Handwriting Transitions.

Caleb is plugging along quite nicely. He recently started a new literature selection,  Taste of Chaucer by Anne Malcomson and I can't say he is enjoying it, but he is persevering.

We also started a new Shakespeare play, The Merchant of Venice (SparkNotes No Fear Shakespeare).

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Destini had piano lessons on Thursday. On Friday, Caleb went over to a friend's house for the afternoon. The rest of the kids and I went to Walmart.

My favorite thing this week was…
Delani actually using the potty!

What’s working/not working for us…
I am using First Language Lessons with Chantry and not really sure it is working.   I really like how poetry memorization is incorporated, but the rest of the lessons don't seem to be registering. I wish I could totally relax in Language Arts as suggested by Charlotte Mason, but I can't.

Questions/thoughts I have…
What to used after Mystery of History III? Caleb is really learning a lot from this and is almost finished.

Things I’m working on…
-Ambleside Online Year 3 and Year 8 Lite Term 2 Exam Questions
-The next term schedules

I’m reading…


See what my Reading Journal for this past week.
I’m cooking…
Homemade pizza--crust, sauce and all!, potato soup, & spaghetti
.
I’m praying for…
My husband to get better.

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails