Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - February 13-17, 2012

Playing the "Ladybug Game"

In my life this week…
What a week! We started Monday off with a Valentine's Day Party with our homeschool group. Then the kids and I headed up to my in-laws house where I met up with my husband. Leaving the kids with my in-laws we headed into Portland to visit the Christian bookstore and the smaller Powell's Books store in Beaverton. Then we ended the evening by going to The Cheesecake Factory for Valentine's Day.

On Tuesday the exterminator was coming by to spray our house for ants. He told me we would have to leave so I had the kids all packed and ready to go. When he arrived he had changed his mind about spraying the inside of the house, but we were already packed and ready so we just headed out anyways. We stopped by Michael's to pick up a Valentine's Day present for our favorite librarian and then headed to the library. Shade picked up the kids and I remained to work in the bookstore and to prepare for the big sale that we were having on Friday. The kids received some candy and a book for Valentine's Day. They received their handmade cards later in the week since I had run out time to make them.

Wednesday was thankfully a slower day and gave me a chance to catch up on some household chores.

Thursday started off with Delani coming waking up with a slight fever and not feeling good. I gave her some Tylenol and she perked up pretty well for a while. I was able to run some much needed errands, but by the time I got home she was feeling all puny again. Again, more Tylenol, and she perked up so off we went to church!

On Friday I had to be up early to set up for the big sale we were having at the library bookstore that I manage. This was an all day affair for me. I was very tired by the time I arrived home in the evening. I am thankful that everything went off without a hitch and the sales were good. I am also thankful for several people who came in early to help me for a few hours.

In our homeschool this week…
We didn't have too many full days for doing schoolwork with my incredibly busy schedule. When I planned out our school year this week was not a foreseen thing. I had thought of just canceling, but decided to just do the best we could. My children did so well in getting almost all of their goals completed. I am very proud of their hard work.

Destini and Chantry were able The Children of the New Forest by Frederick Marryat, which I read aloud to them. We completed this a couple of weeks early. It was definitely a well liked book.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I need this posted on my wall for the next time I completely lose it!
Source: google.com via Beth on Pinterest


My favorite thing this week was…
Celebrating with my husband at our favorite place to eat. There is nothing like a great piece of cheesecake!!

What’s working/not working for us…
Caleb's art book is not working. We are setting it aside for now.

Questions/thoughts I have…
Why does life seem to to go from a nice leisurely pace to a violent speeding shift all in the same week??

Things I’m working on…
I made my kids Valentine's Day Cards. You can check them out here.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
Does popcorn chicken & tator tots count?

I’m grateful for…
A fun side "job" that I am able to work my own hours and bring in a little bit of money that really provides wonderful resources in homeschooling my children.

I’m praying for…
Our church.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
The outside entrance to the store where I work. This was the day of the sale, plus we had a few more .50 tables set up inside the library.




The Homeschool Mother's Journal



See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Your library book store looks organized and spacious! I would like to shop there! I love the "Keep Calm..." sign - that is too cute! I might need to remember that this week. Just stopping by from THMJ! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails