Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - January 23-27, 2012

I found Delani eating her snack laid out on the table!

In my life this week…
Monday started off with a bang! Delani woke up early Monday morning and I knew something was wrong with her tooth. She has been complaining off and on for the last week. My husband and I took her to the dentist to find out that one of her front teeth which had been crowned in November had an abscess on it. He recommended we pull the tooth. My husband were both kinda of stunned and I ended making the appointment. After we left my husband was pretty upset and after talking it over we went back to the dentist and asked about other options. It looks like we are going to try a baby root canal which has a 70% of working. We both disliked that fact that if the tooth was pulled she would have to run around for the next 5 years with one tooth missing in the front. If she was older we wouldn't have any qualms about pulling it, since a five year missing a front tooth doesn't look strange, but a 3 year old?

On Tuesday we got up early and took my mom to the airport for her trip home. On the way home we had to stop to get the boys haircuts.

Wednesday it was back to real life and school work. The kids did pretty good though we are all tired.

On Friday, we got up and headed to writing class. I had had a terrible nights sleep and by the time I got home I had a horrible headache and felt terrible. I did get enough energy to get some groceries at Walmart, but when we sat down to eat dinner my headache intensified and I started to get cold. Eventually, I started running a fever. I guess I have come down with a flu bug and am spending the evening in bed drinking lots of fluids, blogging, and watching DVDs. I'm am also going to just lay around tomorrow and hope I get to feeling better. I am just praying this doesn't pass through the house!

In our homeschool this week…
We had to head back into a normal routine. We have finished up Week 18, which when I had scheduled it I had made it an easier week, so I think that turned out well.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Well, this really isn't a tip or advice, but it sure made me laugh!

I have been trying to work on upping Chantry's reading to get him more independent. Today I told him he had to listen to the next chapter in Then There Were Five (Melendys Family) and then to read the next chapter in Three Tales of My Father's Dragon. I turned around to find the audio CD playing and him curled in his dad' chair reading in Three Tales of My Father's Dragon. I had to inform him that wouldn't work. He was really bummed!

I am inspired by…
Caleb really got into listening to The Three Musketeers (Classic Collection (Brilliance Audio)) by Alexandre Dumas. He can sometimes drag his free reads on for a long time, but not this one!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Destini had a piano lesson this week and then we went to Caleb's writing class, which Destini will be joining and getting some tutoring, too.

My favorite thing this week was…
My mom helped me with purchasing a new serger! A Baby Lock Imagine--no killing myself threading the serger. Also, no more excuses for not wanting to sew!

Questions/thoughts I have…
I'm in a quandary...which Shakespeare play should we do next? We have done Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare), The Taming of the Shrew (No Fear Shakespeare) and Much Ado About Nothing (No Fear Shakespeare). I think I would like to do one more comedy before heading into the dramatics and tragedies for Destini's benefit.

Things I’m working on…
Trying to get better!

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
-Potato soup
-Tacos
-Pork roast with mashed potatoes

I’m grateful for…
My husband who was willing to go back and talk to the dentist. He HATES doing things like this, but he did!

I’m praying for…
Delani...next Thursday they are going to attempt the baby root canal with oral sedation. If that doesn't work then we have to wait until April to put her under an anesthesia, which would raise the chances of losing the tooth altogether.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

A beautiful rainbow that my mom and I spied.



My new serger!


The Homeschool Mother's Journal

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

2 comments:

  1. Your poor baby and her tooth ache.
    I'm also reading Educating the Whole Hearted Child. I am finding it so encouraging!
    I hope you get to feeling better. It is never fun being the one that's sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor baby and her tooth ache.
    I'm also reading Educating the Whole Hearted Child. I am finding it so encouraging!
    I hope you get to feeling better. It is never fun being the one that's sick.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails