Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What's On Your Nightstand - December

What's On Your Nightstand

For January:


Since my parents will be visiting I know I won't be doing as much reading. And yes, I am still reading Educating the WholeHearted Child , which I listed last month, but I am having to read this in little snatches so it will take me awhile to get through it.

From my November post I read:
Boy's Passage, Man's Journey by Brian D. Molitor
A Corpse at St. Andrew's Chapel: The Second Chronicle of Hugh de Singleton, Surgeon (Hugh De Singleton 2) by Mel Starr
Home for the Holidays (Mother Daughter Book Club) by Heather Vogel Frederick
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
Sixpence House by Paul Collins

I also read:
The Tale of Castle Cottage (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter) by Susan Wittig Albert
The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks by Kathleen Flinn
Profiles of Pentecostal Missionaries by Mary Wallace
War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
Restless in Carolina: A Novel (Southern Discomfort) by Tamara Leigh
A Reluctant Queen: The Love Story of Esther by Joan Wolf

I listened to:
Bless this Mouse by Lois Lowry
Mrs. Pollifax on the China Station by Dorothy Gilman

I am currently reading:
Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson

See other's Nightstands over at 5minutesforbooks.com

8 comments:

  1. The Kitchen Counter Cooking School sounds interesting--and right up my alley since I'm a dietitian who loves to cook (and loves to teach cooking.)

    I can certainly understand how your parents being there might affect your reading time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your visits! Happy reading in 2012-
    -Dawn, 5M4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got quite a lot read, even with visitors! One of my friends love Goudge's books but I haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure got a lot read with company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be reading Rilla of Ingleside in January too! :) Happy reading.

    -Nancy@5M4B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your list is impressive! I'm embarassed to say I've never read L.M. Montgomery. GASP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You read a lot of books this last month! I haven't read any of these myself, but The Little White Horse sounds good.
    Happy reading in 2012!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails