Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Christmas Day 2011
(Don't ask me what Delani is doing, but I have given up getting a decent picture of her!)

In my life this week…
It has been a pretty relaxing week. I took a couple of morning and lingered in bed reading. I had intended to work on some sewing, but ended up working on cleaning up my sewing table instead. I don't feel too bad since it had to be done. I also cleaned out my daughter's closet of too small clothes. I took somethings to Goodwill and have a box to go to the resale shop this coming week. Delani came down with a cold Christmas Day and I succumbed Friday evening so I went to bed.

In our homeschool this week…
The kids did absolutely nothing! I did read a few extra chapter of The Children of the New Forest so we could cut down our weekly reading amount from three chapters to two.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Children are the living messages we send to a time...we will not see. -John W. Whitehead

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We had friends over Monday for a movie afternoon and evening. Other than that we stayed around the house.

Things I’m working on…
I have some sewing projects that I need to get finished this week so I'll be busy and I also need to sit down and write out some goals I want to accomplish for this coming year.

I’m reading & read…


I’m cooking…
Another pot of gumbo since I had so much rice left over from our Christmas Eve dinner.

I’m grateful for…
God's blessings!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
A song that has really meant a lot to me this year.



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails