Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: October 31 - November 4, 2011

Taking a break to rake the leaves.

In my life this week…
Wow! Life happened!!!! The beginning of the week went pretty well. I attended my homeschool mom's meeting and had a great time.

I knew that Thursday was going to be tough, since Delani was going in to get cavities in her mouth filled. To do this they were going to put her to sleep with anaesthesia. So Thursday came and we made it to the dentist office without a big hassle with her not eating breakfast. After her procedure is when it became difficult. It took quite a while for the anaesthesia to wear off and for her to finally feel like eating. Of course, everything was a BIG deal all evening long.

Then life got more exciting...She woke up Friday morning with all the complaints of a bladder infection. So off we went to the doctor's office to get that checked out. Ughhh! I definitely was emotionally drained by Friday evening.

In our homeschool this week…
We kept on track for the first part of the week, but our Thursday and Friday routine took a nose dive.

We did get to Caleb's class for writing. He interviewed his Papa and wrote out his interview for his assignment. Next week he is going to write it into a story.

One of Destini and Chantry's literature selections is The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald. My kids are dying to find out how the the story ends, but we still have 2 weeks left to read in it!
They are begging and pleading for me to read more. I've got them right where I want them (insert evil chuckle here)!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
When life happens, go with the flow!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Besides the dentist office and doctor's office...
On Monday we were able to take our nature walk. We were going to work on drawings, but it started raining and we ended up being completely soaked!!! It required going home right away and changing our clothes. I went to put my coat on the next day and it was still wet! We never did get any drawing done.

After Delani's doctor's appointment on Friday, we headed to Caleb's writing class.

Things I’m working on…
Here is what I need to work on:
-Next term's schedules
-making a dress for Delani and a skirt for Destini for our upcoming Christmas picture
-cleaning my craft table off in my room

I’m reading…

I am really enjoying One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp, even though it is taken me awhile to get through This is a book to savor and let sink in deep.

I’m grateful for…
the strength of the Lord to lean upon.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Pictures of fall leaves and the river that I captured on our nature walk right before the rain.


See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. Rain changed our plans this week, too. I so easily get off schedule.
    Anne's book is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails