Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - November 7-11, 2011

All finished!

In my life this week…
I had another busy week.

Destini had celebrated her birthday on Tuesday. We took her our to eat at Famous Dave's, then Shade and I had to attend a minister's meeting, so we pushed the actual celebration to Wednesday evening.

Wednesday evening we had Destini's Birthday celebrations. Her grandparents and two friends were able to come and celebrate with us. We had cake and ice cream and a lot of fun!
Friday evening we went over to a friend's house for dinner and a fun evening of playing Rook.

These activities of course were added on top of all the usual things I do...shopping, piano lessons, errands, working at my library bookstore, etc.

In our homeschool this week...
We are closing in on the end of our first term so some of the books being read are coming to an end.

Caleb finished up his devotional reading book and he finally finished his free reading book, The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, Book 3) by J.R.R. Tolkien. He started The Dragon and the Raven by G.A. Henty.

Destini and Chantry finished Exploring Creation with Zoology I: Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. Apologia's Elementary Science are big hit in our household!

Chantry (and I) finished reading Leonardo da Vinci by Diane Stanley for his biography selection.

My favorite thing this week was…
Celebrating Destini's birthday and spending time with friends.

Things I’m working on…
I'll admit I'm a terrible procrastinator!  It is imperative that I work on Caleb's science plans and planning out Term 2 for the kids.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
Please note: I made two D*rn Good Chocolate Cakes with Martha's Chocolate Icing both recipes from Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor. One was  Destini's birthday cake which I topped with cut up pieces of Twix candy.

I’m grateful for…
My daughter who is turning into a beautiful young lady and for time spent with friends.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This is how we found the little girl who insists she doesn't need a nap!

Birthday cake!!



See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a good week! And that cake... oh my...it looks SO good!
    I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award
    http://www.nlfamily.net/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails